Saturday, March 7, 2015

well Y'all we saw some amazing miracles this last week and we also had a ton of car problems as well. :)

Tuesday we had a zone conference! I love szone conference! the president get to come and instruct us on how to be better missionaries! plus this was the first time we got to see the entire new zone! I found out that the Elders from my MTC district were in there!! it was so awesome! I got to see them and take pictures with them and we had a good time just getting to catch up with each other and learning together. I love those Elders and I am so glad they are doing so well!

As we were driving back on Tuesday we noticed lots of lights on our car dashboard were on and the car was beeping at us and If I know anything about cars, when a car beeps at you it means somethings wrong. so we had to call Elder Residori and he said that the lights on meant the brakes were malfunctioning. so we needed to take it in but we couldn't go until wednsday because it was 5 o'clock and they were closed.

Wednesday we tried to drive to the nearest Pep boys but the one the GPS took us too didn't exsist. it had left that building so we had to drive to Marrietta. We drove to marrietta to the pep boys and they told us the dealership need to look at it and fix it. so we called up Elder Residori again and he found a dealership. so we drove over there and they told us they needed to take our car in over night and they would give us a rental all they needed were my driver lincense and insurance so we had to call Elder Residori again and fun fact! the church doesn't cover rental cars! so thank heavens we have amazing members in our ward! Sister Futrual came and picked us up. while we were waiting for her we went to the closet Mcdonalds to use the restroom. while I was in the restroom I heard someone talking to my companion and I was thinking "go sister!" but when I came out I soon found out that he was trying to ask her on a date. so I tried to explain that we don't go on dates as missionaries and I messed it all up so he has mixed ideas about us. but hey! he left us alone. Sister Futrual made it to us and she was so nice and took us out to dinner! we didn't get home until 7:30 and we decided to go out on our bikes and ride 0.6 miles to the assisted living home and we almost died!! haha we are definetly not in shape. or at least as much as we thought we were. so we talked to Sister Rice and then the ride home was soo much easier. :)
Thursday we started off by weekly planning and anxiously waiting for the phone to ring to let us know our car was done.  finally at 1 we got the call. so sister futrual kindly drove us back to get our car. we were so happy to have it back!  We drove back and straight to Rosemary's house where we had an amazing lesson and committed Rosemary to BAPTISM!!! that's right!!! we are having her baptism this Saturday!! we are soo excited!!
Friday we struggled to find team ups for a lesson with Araceli and finally Sister Scherbel came out with us and Araceli didn't even show up it was so frustrating!! but we will catch her next time! we want to comit her to baptism for March 21st.

Saturday we went to the church to find a suit for baptism. we found out that the Kennesaw ward only baptizes people who are xl and little kids. She tried on some dresses but she doesn't want to be baptized in a dress for fear that it comes up on her. I don't blame her. so Brother Ward sent out and email to find her one. We also had Stake Conference that night! it was amazing!! I got to see everyone in the zone again and Rosemary came and loved it! it was so good! it was all about how councils work in the church it was really cool to find out how they are effective. :)

Sunday we had stake conference again and it was so good! Sister Bennion talked about how we need to take everything one day at a time. which was perfect for me. "The key to Happiness is taking everything a day at a time." :) it was amazing! the message got to us that the Marrietta building had a ton of baptismal suits so we asked our zone leader and he just laughed and showed us where they were. and they had two. so we told our ward mission leader and he asked the alatoona ward.

Yesterday it was pouring rain all day and we really didn't want to go tracting in it. so we just did drop by's all day! we stopped by a member and had the most awkward time. she barely answered our questions and never asked us any. I still need to work on my people skills. haha then we got a call from Brother ward saying that Alatoona in fact did have a ton of baptismal suits and we needed to call him so we rushed over to our sisters house and got a hold of the Elders who had a key and drove to Woodstock. we met Elder Evans and Elder Roy there. while Rosemary tried on suits we chatted with the Elders. I discovered that Elder Evans is from American Fork, UT and he is GOING HOME WITH ME!! I was so excited! I told him we were going to be best friend. Elder Roy just smiled and said "when she says that she means that, she told that to me too." we laughed. I found out that Elder Evans is a cowboy and he rides Bulls in the rodeos in American Fork all the time! it was so cool! but the best part was we found a baptismal suit!! we could cross that off our baptism planning list! Its amazing how the Lord works! He is constantly blessing us! I love it! I love seeing it in our everyday lives!

I have seen so many miracles coming out on a mission! in Georgia and at home! its amazing! I can see proof everyday that my Heavenly Father loves me and wants to bless me and all I have to do is let him!! I learned about a name that we call Christ that I had never heard before He is the High Priest of Good Things To Come! isn't that amazing!? I was so shocked when I found out and it is so true! when we come unto Christ we know that the bad times aren't always going to be there. that Good time will always come to us as long as we
1. Don't EVER give up.
2. Be Faithful
3.Keep our Covenants
Life is amazing and I Love this Gospel! I love sharing it with everyone and seeing how it changes their lives! I love you all! keep smiling!
Love
Sister Hanks

No comments:

Post a Comment